December 29, 2005

2005 Lessons

At the end of each year, I reflect on what I've learned. It helps me to not make the same mistakes twice. Its better than making new year's resolutions that you know you ain't gone' keep! So allow me to share with you my Top 10 of lessons I've learned in 2005.


**Its not possible to be disappointed or let down if you just "let it ride."

**Do not plan anything. Plans are like promises, and meant to be broken.

**Take it day by day, for what its worth....and nothing more.

**Don't have expectations of anyone. We all put our pants on the same way.

**Nothing's ever promised tomorrow today.

**Some choices may hurt, but its the only way.

**Its okay to be self confident with high standards. Its not okay to settle.

**Its right to spoil yourself; its wrong to be selfish with others.

**Give a hug at least once a day. Experience that moment of peace.

**Spend time with loved ones. You never know when someone is missing you.


HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

3 comments:

Rose said...

Happy New Years. I hope all your dreams and hopes come true...

M-Dubb said...

Truer words have never been spoken!

From the book of Mary J. Blige (yeah, guess I'm addicted)

"It's time to do somethin for me."

"Take me as I am, or have nothing at all."

E said...

Hi LaDontai. I like those, especially the "Do not plan anything. Plans are like promises, and meant to be broken." I've had plans dashed time and time again. It's hard for me but I have to learn not to react so much to that and as you say, "let it ride".