February 11, 2006

"Call Me Teddy....I Got Grams"

Its official. I have become a statistic.

Usually I am not one to be afraid of visiting the doctor's office. I go to every single one religiously (general practioner, neurologist, dentist, dermatologist you name it). Its important to take care of your body considering its the only one you have. So yesterday I went to see my Neurologist. We discussed my migraines and determined they have not made any progress but have gotten worse since last year. I was aware that the migraines had increased due to stress and other triggers such as chocolate. So my meds had to be tweaked. Ugh---sick of being a geeniepig and trying different medications until one of them works and prevents my migraines. I swear my medicine cabinet looks like Bon Secour pharmacy.


"There is hope. You remember what I told you that will stop your headaches once and for all?" the doctor reminded me.

"Yes, but I don't think I am ready to take that step just yet." I muttered as I held out my hand to accept the prescriptions.

Then the doctor sent a nurse in to check my blood pressure. Now I've never had high blood pressure before. Until the reading came back 131 over 100. EEK! The nurse shook his head and figured the reading was an error. The second time he took my blood pressure came back with the same high results. Do you know them homos kept me until my blood pressure went down? How did they expect it to just go down after telling me "You can't leave. We have to contain you until its under control. If it continues to rise then we'll have no choice but to admit you to the hospital." Okay that spooked me even more and caused my pulse to quicken. That posed another problem because my pulse was too fast. Eventually I was released with strict orders to monitor my blood pressure a couple times a day.

As if migraines weren't enough, now I have to add high blood pressure to my list of ailments. Hopefully this is a temporary health problem.

6 comments:

LaDontai said...

Easier said than done. I've been checking it every day since my appointment and keeping a log (doctors orders). Its going down steadily. It probably won't hurt for me to try and eat better and lose some weight.

M-Dubb said...

Yeah, uh, you just need a relaxing weekend in Florida. Holla at ya boy!

LaDontai said...

I just might take you up on that offer.

Funny thing is, when the doctor and I went over my blood pressure log we discovered a pattern. In the mornings on my way to work it is high. In the evenings immediately after work it is high. On weekends and late at night my blood pressure is normal.

What does that tell you?

Rose said...

Then its' your job! Watch that pressure that can be dangerous. Don't let stuff bug you at that job, not worth it.

Rose said...

Hi Honey:
How are you?

LaDontai said...

Hey Rose,

I'm feeling good right about now. Thank you for asking. I went to the doctor earlier this week. My blood pressure is back to normal!